Friday 2 April 2010

Wonderful to have come home


It has been wonderful to come home even though I am armed with a case full of medicines. Anna and Raymond worked hard to get the house invalid friendly. This would be easy in a newer house but ours has all sorts of nooks and crannies.

Yesterday I returned to the Marsden to have check-ups which were quite satisfactory and a bone marrow aspiration which was uncomfortable to say the least. It was an exhausting day but much better than having to be an in-patient.

We had expected my mother would have been out of hospital yesterday but it looks as if it will be Saturday at the earliest. She had some tests done but the results take so long to be achieved. This is in marked contrast to my blood tests which were taken at 1.30 p.m. yesterday and on the doctor’s screen by 2.15 p.m. She can’t wait to get home and when Ray and Anna had a chance to see the ward they couldn’t help contrast this unfavourably with the Marsden.

With all the drips I have accumulated a lot of fluid which is difficult to shift so each morning I wake up with very puffy eyes, face and ankles. I am trying lots of water but it is not always easy. However, who said this would be easy? I am very grateful to have been able to get out of hospital after 5 weeks; I had thought it would be longer. Seems like all those walks really paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment