Thursday 15 April 2010

Low in energy


Today meant a journey to the Royal Marsden. We can do the trip quite quickly now but there is usually a wait for the pharmacy and today as I had been so tired there was even a scare I might need a blood transfusion but all was well. The doctor seems very pleased that the remaining tests on the bone marrow have come through and show a clear sign that the donor cells are present in blood and bone marrow with no shadow (chimera) of my old cells.

Apparently now I can stop going to the Thursday clinic and now join the Monday more general clinic. This promises to be even busier so I’m hoping there won’t be too much waiting around. This starts this Monday. I also enquired about the tablets I am on. It looks as if the anti-rejection ones will continue for another three weeks then gradually I shall be weaned off these. Most of the others will remain until six months after the transplant.

I should be feeling quite pleased at the results but I felt incredibly weak and tired today. I just woke up like that, completely lacking in energy. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment