Thursday 1 July 2010

Looking outward


I am trying to get used to my new regime of lotions and potions to treat the eczema brought on by the graft versus host disease. I am just glad that I don’t have to get out of the house early as I used to when I was working. The warm weather hasn’t helped but it is so good having a long spell of sun as it does lift our spirits.

I must remember next time I am at the Marsden to request the removal of my Hickman Line as it has served its purpose. Now with the skin rashes it is awkward to accommodate but has certainly been useful for when blood has had to be taken and transfusions received. However, now there is an increasing risk of infection so I would like it taken out.

Raymond is busy preparing the course for the people coming from Slovakia. He is also planning to go to the boat next week to prepare for the new tanks to be put in. Having been to a crime scene last weekend, Anna is off to Stafford on Tuesday and I am conscious that I am the only one who is not busy. Having had a very busy life, this is strange to me. When I first came out of hospital I was incapable of being busy anyhow as my concentration was very poor. I know that my energy levels are still lower than normal but I am conscious of being more outward looking now and my concentration has improved enormously. Since the onset of graft versus host disease, ironically I am more positive so I hope I can expand my world a little now.

No comments:

Post a Comment