Friday 4 March 2011

Looking forward to the weekend




I am really disappointed that I can’t upload the photographs I took when we visited my aunt and cousin in Worthing.  The fault seems to lie on my memory card but knowing that doesn’t make it any easier.  I am so sad to have lost the record of our visit.

Having changed memory cards, I was pleased that the photographs I took yesterday in Bosham are perfectly all right.  We both had a lovely day and are planning where we can go with Jonathan when he comes down this weekend.  As he doesn’t usually arrive until 8.30 p.m. to 8.45 p.m. I don’t usually feel like cooking at that time as I am tired by the afternoons, so I did some cooking this morning and made a few desserts.  I actually enjoy cooking and I know Jonathan appreciates home-cooked food although now he wants to be able to help me.

The transfusions I had on Tuesday have made a real difference.  I hadn’t realised just how weak and tired I had become.  I still become tired by the afternoon but I am quite normal in the mornings.

It has been quite cold during the last two days and today Ray has lit a fire.  It always makes the house more cheerful and warm.  Although right now we are in a difficult stage of our lives as I don’t think the oncologist will be giving any more chemo, there are so many things which lift my spirits, phone calls with friends and relatives and emails.  I enjoy my long chats with Anna even though I can’t see her because she is a long way away, somehow I feel closer. 

We are both looking forward to a relaxing and happy weekend, all part of making the most of our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment