Wednesday 24 November 2010

It's growing colder


On Tuesday night I slept well. This is so rare it has to be commented upon and marvelled at. In addition, I took my time getting up as we had no appointments planned which is unusual. Looking out of the window I could see two deer munching away at the remaining apples. Although we see them every day in summer, their appearances are rarer in autumn and winter and we could see that their coats had changed to a darker brown and they merged into the colour of the woods very effectively. Of course they are still around but daylight hours are shorter.

Ray’s solicitor had implied that his case might be settled this year. However when we went over to sign the completed witness statements, we were told by his secretary that it could go on into next year. This is something which I have thought possible for some time, but Raymond always latches on to the good news and he has been very disappointed by this. He would really like this to be over and done with.

I went to the doctor’s yesterday about a weird rash which has appeared on my torso; it could be anything – even chicken pox. I hadn’t really wanted to go to the crowded surgery in case I was infectious or other people were as my blood count is low at the moment. However, the earliest appointment was Saturday morning so I had to remind them I am a post-transplant patient. The doctor didn’t seem sure what it was but arranged for me to have a blood test this morning at 8.10 a.m.

I am not usually around at that time because, since I sleep so poorly during the main part of the night, I tend to catch my sleep in the early morning. In addition, by the time I have had a bath and applied all the creams for the GVHD, the early part of the morning has gone. I noticed how cold it was as I left home and remembered how I used to get up at 6.00 a.m. and leave home at 7.20 a.m. during my working career. I am glad I don’t have to do that now.

It looks as if it will grow colder as the week progresses and as the weather forecast indicates snow in Scotland and the North East, I think we must be threatened with the winds from Siberia.

No comments:

Post a Comment